VOWCHURCH & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Michaelchurch Escley, Newton, St Margarets, Turnastone, Vowchurch.
Minutes of the Vowchurch & District Group Parish Council meeting held on
Thursday 21st April 2022 at 7.30pm in Vowchurch & Turnastone Memorial Hall.
PRESENT – Councillors E May (Chair), E Williams, T Williams, G Franklin, A Picton, D Cross, M Engel, R Lloyd, G Deas and J Kernahan.
IN ATTENDANCE – Ward Councillor P Jinman, PCSO Pete Knight and Mrs L Cowles (Clerk).
- ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Councillor I Chadwick.
- RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & CONSIDER ANY WRITTEN APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION – Councillor G Deas declared a non-disclosable interest in agenda item 9. Councillor J Kernahan declared a non-disclosable interest in agenda items 7.2 and 9. Councillor R Lloyd declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in agenda item 7.2; the declarations book was signed accordingly. There were no written requests for dispensation.
- ADOPT MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING ON THE PARISH COUNCIL – 17th March 2022 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
- OPEN DISCUSSION – No members of the public attended the meeting and therefore no specific points were raised.
5.1 Ward Councillor – Ward Councillor Jinman’s report included:
Support for Ukraine – Many have offered assistance to people arriving from Ukraine. The Council are working with a number of national bodies and continue to be the central co-ordinator. Look on the Herefordshire Council website for relevant information.
Leaders Letter – The Clerk confirmed that she has not received the latest Leaders Letter.
Free school meals – approximately 3900 people received financial support during the Easter holidays.
PROW/TRO – These are now being monitored by Herefordshire Council, it was noted that the Herefordshire Council website was not showing all reported defects but this should improve.
Covid – Whilst numbers are down there is still tremendous pressure on the local health service.
Road Closures – Let Ward Councillor Jinman know if road closures cause a significant problem for a group of people as he can sometimes get the dates changed.
Herefordshire Hoard – A fundraising campaign has been announced to bring the Hoard back to Herefordshire.
Broadband – No update as yet. Councillor Engel reported that it would seem the planned interim solution was on the verge of collapse as none of the local contractors seem to want the job.
5.2 Local Police – PCSO Pete Knight reported a local resident in Michaelchurch Escley had recently been approached by a tarmacking gang who had completed works and then produced a £7000 bill for a shoddy job. Luckily the resident was able to cancel the cheque and inform the police. Any such works require a written contract with a 7-day cooling off period. There have been reports of gangs visiting the area looking for scrap metal, please keep reporting and obtain a registration number if possible. This also applies to any delivery drivers acting suspiciously around your property. There has been another case of courier fraud within the wider area, please remember that the police will never contact you asking you for money.
5.3 Lengthsman report and any new road defects – The Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting. His monthly reports had been forwarded to Councillors prior to the meeting.
5.4 Footpaths Officers reports to include information regarding new arrangements for the management of Public Rights of Way and Traffic Regulation Orders – Councillor Deas and May continue to walk the footpaths. Councillor Deas advised that a lot of the footpaths are completely overgrown.
Landowners are currently planting some fields which causes the footpaths to disappear, it was noted that if these are not re-instated report to Herefordshire Council. Herefordshire Council have taken over responsibility for the footpaths and any defects should be reported via the Herefordshire Council website. The Clerk had contacted them as no historical defects in Vowchurch are shown on the website. It was confirmed that they currently have 4 open issues logged.
- CLERKS UPDATE – The Clerk reported that planning has been granted at Blackpool Barn, Whitehouse estate (212804). The Parish Council has been awarded £4339 of the drainage grant funding requested, this will be included on the May agenda to agree prioritised works. At the April meeting Councillors discussed printing A3 footpaths/road maps for each parish. The Clerk has obtained a quote of £45.83 plus VAT for each Councillor to have a map, it was agreed to order. Road closures on U74208 at Lower Newton and B4348 near Dorstone which would affect the Stagecoach T14 bus service.
- CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING CONSULTATION – (Part 3) Class Q – Prior Approval
Site: Barn north of Marlborough Grange, Newton St Margarets, Herefordshire. HR2 0QN.
Description: Proposed change of use of an agricultural building to 1 larger dwelling house (Class C3), and for building operations reasonably necessary for the conversion.
Application No: 220819 Grid Ref: 334318:233485
COMMENT – The Parish Council has been made aware of restrictions placed on the original planning application for the barn and is aware of the relevant criteria regarding permitted development under Part 3 Class Q – Prior Approval and it’s use as an agricultural barn prior to 2013. The Parish Council would like assurances that all conditions have been met prior to a decision on this application.
Councillor R Lloyd left the room
7.2 PLANNING CONSULTATION
Site: Land at Cothill, Cothill Farm Road, Vowchurch, Herefordshire. HR2 0RE
Description: Proposed change of use of land from agricultural use to seasonal glamping site comprising one bell tent and one vintage caravan with associated facilities.
Application No: 220693 Grid Ref: 334480:236120
Councillor R Lloyd returned to the meeting
7.3 PLANNING CONSULTATION
Site: Urishay Barn, Michaelchurch Escley, Herefordshire. HR2 0LR
Description: Proposed replacement of grass lunge ring with a sand and fibre lunge ring with timber fencing.
Application No: 221138 Grid Ref: 331035:237621
7.4 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: Hyde Park, Michaelchurch Escley, Herefordshire.
Description: Proposed change of use of agricultural land to residential curtilage and erection of garage and plant room associated with the property (retrospective).
Application No: 214465 Grid Ref: 331421:236705
7.5 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: Stall House Farm, Vowchurch, Herefordshire. HR2 0QD
Description: Proposal to erect a building for the use of housing and handling livestock.
Application No: 211073 Grid Ref: 336843:236295
7.6 GRANT OF A PREMISES LICENCE
Premise address: Bridge Farmhouse, Michaelchurch Escley. HR2 0JW
Max Time: Sale/Supply of alcohol (consumption on and off the premises) Monday – Sunday 10.00 – 2200
8.1 Confirmation of bank balance – £7131.56 Statement Sheet No. 167 issued 17th March 2022.
Receipts – None.
To include £5.00 bank charges 17th February 2022 to 16th March 2022.
8.2 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for April 2022 Clerk’s hours and £55.36 plus VAT for stationery – Payment agreed.
8.3 Payment to Mr T Griffiths invoice no. TGC1817, roads account February 2022 (2) of £392.00 plus VAT, invoice no. TGC1850, roads account March 2022 (1) of £392.00 plus VAT – Payment agreed.
8.4 Payment to HMRC of £97.60 for PAYE January – March 2022 – Payment agreed.
8.5 Finance Working Group – The quarterly reports were distributed to Councillors prior to the meeting. The Finance Working Group confirmed spreadsheets, invoices and PAYE had been checked and all were in order.
8.6 CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION 2021/22 – The Certificate of Exemption 2021/22 for smaller authorities was approved.
- VOWCHURCH COMMON RECYCLING & GENERAL RUBBISH COLLECTION – The refuse lorries are currently turning at Piccadilly Farm. The latest information from the Waste & Recycling Officer was that they would provide a further update closer to Thursday 28th April for future arrangements as they are still investigating options. It was agreed the Clerk would contact them for an update.
- DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL BUILDING STANDARDS SUPPLEMENTARY PLANNING DOCUMENT CONSULTATION – The response to the consultation was noted.
- THE LOCAL PLAN 2021 – 2041 POLICY OPTION CONSULTATION – It was agreed to ask Councillor Chadwick to draft a response to the consultation as this had to be completed prior to the May meeting. This would be distributed to Councillors.
- RURAL SETTLEMENT SERVICES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SURVEY – Changes were made to the number of B & B’s in St Margarets and construction/maintenance services. Changes were made to the number of garages in Vowchurch along with the closure of the livery stables. Changes to the bus services in Newton (none). It was also noted that the population and number of residential dwellings in all five parishes were incorrect.
- RESILIENCE PLAN – Defer to May meeting.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING 2022 – The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Wednesday 11th May 2022 at Escleyside Hall. Wine, tea and coffee will be provided along with biscuits/nibbles in individual wrappers. Posters were given to Councillors to display in each Parish.
- LOCAL POLICING COMMUNITY CHARTER PARISH COUNCL SURVEY – Responses to the survey were agreed.
- NEWSLETTER – Annual Parish meeting and PROW defects reporting.
- NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
- RAISE MATTERS FOR THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL – Thursday 19th May 2022 at 7.30pm at Vowchurch & Turnastone Memorial Hall – Resilience Plan, Vowchurch refuse collection, Broadband.
The Chair declared the meeting closed at 8.45pm