VOWCHURCH & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Michaelchurch Escley, Newton, St Margarets, Turnastone, Vowchurch.
Minutes of the Vowchurch & District Group Parish Council meeting held on
Thursday 20th January 2022 at 7.30pm in Vowchurch & Turnastone Memorial Hall.
PRESENT – Councillors E May (Chair), T Williams, I Chadwick, A Picton and G Deas.
IN ATTENDANCE – Ward Councillor Peter Jinman and Mrs L Cowles (Clerk).
- ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Councillors G Franklin, J Kernahan, E Williams and the local police.
- RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & CONSIDER ANY WRITTEN APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION – Councillor G Deas declared a non-disclosable interest in agenda item 10; the declarations book was signed accordingly. There were no written requests for dispensation.
- ADOPT MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING ON THE PARISH COUNCIL – 18th November 2021 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
- OPEN DISCUSSION – No members of the public attended the meeting and therefore no specific points were raised.
5.1 Ward Councillor – Councillor Jinman’s report included: –
Councillor Jinman asked whether any Councillors had attended the recent Balfour Beatty Parish Briefing. When Balfour Beatty inherited the contract approximately 15,000-16,000 road grids were identified on the system there are now approximately 30,000. Attendees were told how they prioritise works across the whole infrastructure and where money is spent.
Hopefully, from March Traffic Regulation Orders and Public Rights of Way will be manged in-house by Herefordshire Council rather than Balfour Beatty.
Additional funding could be available from this month for drainage works/specific tasks.
The first Herefordshire Citizens Climate assembly took place over 15th/16th January. Please visit Herefordshire Councils utube channel to see the presentations and discussions.
The budget and precepts are currently be reviewed. £800,000 savings need to be found. There is an indication the council tax will increase by 1.99% and social care by 1%.
There is still a back log in the number of planning applications. The Herefordshire Local Plan 2021 – 2041 in currently in consultation. The Government wants to increase the supply of new housing. For Herefordshire this would mean a significant increase in housing.
Broadband – This is still on-going and another meeting will be held shortly. Councillor Chadwick asked if mobile phone coverage could also be discussed as this is still non-existent in some areas.
5.2 Local Police – The local police were unable to attend the meeting.
5.3 Lengthsman report – The Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting. His monthly reports had been forwarded to Councillors prior to the meeting.
5.4 Footpath Officer – Councillor Deas advised he has started walking some of the footpaths in Vowchurch. There is a lot of cutting back to do, but would wait until the summer. Some paths are completely overgrown and another has been moved slightly. It was agreed that the footpaths should follow the correct route. Any damaged stiles, blocked routes or changes of route should be reported on-line to enable the Locality Steward to assess. Councillor May is still to walk some footpaths in Michaelchurch and requested additional wayleave markers.
- CLERKS UPDATE
Dore Community Transport have emailed to thank the parish council for their recent donation. They have made 242 journeys in the Vowchurch parish area over the year.
The Enforcement Officer is satisfied that planning permission 102245 at Turnastone Court allows for dual use as overnight accommodation and alternatively as an Education Centre and therefore the intended use does not represent a breach of planning control. The only outstanding matters at present are some minor additions that need to be regularised as identified by the Building Conservation Officer and an application is expected for this in due course.
Planning has been granted at Holt Farm, Michaelchurch Escley (212606) for change of use of three barns from holiday accommodation to unencumbered residential.
The C1206 Bank Farm to Bridge House, Michaelchurch Escley will be closed on 14th & 15th February between 9.30am – 3.30pm.
Herefordshire Council’s Local Plan 2021-2041 Strategic Spatial Options Consultation runs from 17th January to 28th February, there is a meeting planned for 3rd February from 7pm for further information.
The Clerk will be on annual leave from Tuesday 25th January to Monday 7th February 2022.
- CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING CONSULTATION
Site: Rockfield Barn, Michaelchurch Escley, Herefordshire. HR2 0JW
Description: Proposed detached garage.
Application No: 214150 Grid Ref: 331923:233624
7.2 PLANNING CONSULTATION
Site: Hyde Park, Michaelchurch Escley, Herefordshire.
Description: Proposed change of use of agricultural land to residential curtilage and erection of
garage and plant room associated with the property (retrospective).
Application No: 214465 Grid Ref: 331421:236705
COMMENT – The Parish Council have no objection to the erection of the garage and plant room but do object to the extent of the residential curtilage and would like restrictions imposed for it not to be extended any further.
7.3 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: The Prospect, Vowchurch, Herefordshire. HR2 0RL
Description: Proposed demolition of existing single storey extensions and erection of a two storey
extension with lean-to.
Application No: 212183 Grid Ref: 336582:237028
7.4 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: Hyde Park, Michaelchurch Escley, Herefordshire. HR2 0JY
Description: Change of use of land, erection of stable block and outdoor menage for domestic purposes only.
Application No: 212565 Grid Ref: 331504:236654
8.1 Confirmation of bank balance – £11,220.10 Statement Sheet No. 164 issued 17th December 2021.
Receipts – None.
8.2 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for January 2022 Clerk’s hours and £41.53 plus VAT for ink cartridges – Payment agreed.
8.3 Payment to Mr T Griffiths invoice no. TGC1720, roads account November 2021 (1) of £392.00 plus VAT, invoice no. TGC1734, roads account November 2021 (2) of £392.00 plus VAT, invoice no. TGC1740, roads account December 2021 (1) of £392.00 plus VAT and invoice no. TGC1757, roads account December 2021 (2) of £392.00 plus VAT – Payment agreed.
8.4 Payment to Vowchurch & Turnastone Memorial Hall of £105.00 for hall hire May 2021 – November 2021 – Payment agreed.
8.5 Payment to HMRC of £58.60 for PAYE October 2021 – December 2021 – Payment agreed.
8.6 Finance Working Group – The quarterly reports were distributed to Councillors prior to the meeting. The Finance Working Group confirmed spreadsheets, invoices and PAYE had been checked and all were in order.
8.7 Financial Regulations – The updated Financial Regulations were approved to include Internet Banking.
- HEREFORDSHIRE LOCAL PLAN UPDATE – The response to pre-consultation survey was noted. Clerk to distributed to Parish Councillors.
- VOWCHURCH COMMON RECYCLING & GENERAL RUBBISH COLLECTION – Complaints have been received from local residents on Vowchurch Common regarding Herefordshire Councils proposed changes to refuse collections. Currently the large refuse lorry turns at the bottom of the road on private land, this is no longer acceptable. Residents do not want to take their bins or suggested refuse sacks to a central collection point. The Waste & Recycling Officer has received 6 letters/emails of objections. The contractors have advised they will be undertaking a risk assessment in the near future although Herefordshire Councils proposals going forward are that they trial the new collection point and see how it goes. Councillors queried why the refuse lorry could not reverse down the road or why a turning point could not be put in along the stretch of road. What would be the cost of a new smaller vehicle compared to the cost of providing a new turning point? Ward Councillor Jinman advised that there are other areas in the county that do have to take their refuse to a central collection point/bin. Refuse collection is a service provided by Herefordshire Council but they could not make special runs to specific areas. There may also be an undertaking from the homeowner that it is their responsibility to make their bins accessible, but he would query this with the relevant Cabinet Member. It was agreed that the Clerk would forward the correspondence to Councillor Jinman for him to contact the Cabinet Member.
- GREEN FARM – There had been some concerns regarding the number of HGV’s parked at Green Farm, but recently there had been less. It was agreed to monitor the situation.
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING 2022 – Holding an annual parish meeting was discussed and it was agreed that this is something the Parish Council should consider, inviting a speaker on something of general interest. The Chair suggested: NFU (farm payment schemes), Connectivity, National Parks and ANOB. Ward Councillor Jinman also suggested the Golden Valley Action Group who could talk about the Green Way to run from Pontrilas to Hay on Wye. The meeting officially should be held between 1st March and 1st June. It was agreed that Councillors would think about other options and the Clerk would include in the February Newsletter for suggestions from the public.
- NEWSLETTER – Annual parish meeting ideas.
- NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
- RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT ORDINARY MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL – Thursday 17th February 2022 at 7.30pm at Vowchurch & Turnastone Memorial Hall – Resilience Plan.
The Chair declared the meeting closed at 8.45pm